This is a small battery located at the North East end of the West Place of Arms, with the embrasures angled to cover the approached to the Grand Battery. In 1859 there would probably have been 32lbs guns located here, or possibly 8ins SB howitzer. By 1886 five of the original 10 32lbs were still in position, but these were augmented by 5 x 64/32 RML on Garrison Standing carriages. It is believed that RML guns may well have been position at this battery.
The gun battery has just been cleared by a local resident who is making it into a children s park. Unfortunately much of the debris from this work has been dumped over the wall onto the ramparts themselves.