This is the remains of one of the original Spanish Towers that connected the old Line Wall. The original fortification ran to the rear of the present Prince Albert Front.
Prince Albert Front was completed started in 1842 and this left a gap between the new and the old fortifications. Initially a Royal Engineers building was built in this void.
The space is now taken up by a two story car park.. This tower is in the North East corner of the Car Park.