This area could be accessed by a gate that has now been blocked up, running under Charles V Wall from Hargreaves Steps. The area originally had a small magazine for the two batteries. By the 1880s the battery had been removed and the area used as one for recreation by the Royal Engineers.
This whole area has now been cleared, apparently for redevelopment. Everything has been destroyed in this part of the Bastion.
The Bastion originally had 2 x 12lbs Carrondes and 4 x 12lbs guns.
By 1859 this had been changed to 4 x 32lbs and 4 x 8ins Howitzer.
By 1886 all the guns had been removed.