This is one of the Retired Batteries recommended by Jones in his report of 1841. The battery quickly became redundant with the advance in weaponry.
In 1859 the battery was armed with 7 x 68lbs guns with 1000 rounds of ammunition per gun.
By 1886 these had been upgraded to 3 x 80lbs RML guns on wooden traversing platforms. The gun ebrasures and pivots for these guns remain in place.
The location had an entrance to the WW2 Air Raid shelter.
The battery is now a private residence but is in good condition.