Part of Casemates Barracks – Married Quarters Other Ranks. Ground floor used to have access to Casemates Square before a new building with shops was built in front of it. A three flood building, access to these Married Quarters is now through Crutchett’s Ramp.
Maps from 1866 show Married Quarters at this location, with a school and Library where the shops now stand. It is not know if this was the same building as is now standing. A map from 1901 shows a similar configuration of building, so it is assumed that this Barrack Block was built before 1866.