Also known as UpperCrutchetts
36.144857, -5.351372 6th Castle
The oldest part of the land front stretches down from the Moorish Castle to just above the Grand Battery and was designated as the Castle Batteries by the British.
In 1859 there were 2 x 24 lbs guns on this tower.
By 1886 there were emplace 3 x 32lbs SB 56-cwt
The tower/position stand over 7th Castle which is immediately below. There is a World War 2 MG position built on the site.